If you are aged 60 and over, our home visiting service can provide you with free advice, information and support tailored to your individual needs. Our experienced caseworker will come to your home, discuss any issues that concern you and agree suitable solutions.
We can offer you:
- Support – Caseworkers can provide personal support and encouragement as you prepare for and deal with the disruption that may be caused by any adaptations/building work.
- Liaise on your behalf –We act as a point of contact between the client, family or carer and various organisations and statuary bodies who provide support.
- Applications – We can visit your home to help fill in forms such as Local Authority Grants, Blue Badge and Attendance Allowance applications.
- Signposting –we signpost and liaise on client's behalf with appropriate organisations such as British Red Cross, Department of Work and Pensions, Age Cymru.
- Advice and Information – we provide help and information over the telephone including benefit entitlement checks and Disabled Facilities Grants financial checks
- Grants/Funding options – We will discuss what repairs and adaptations you need, the possible solutions and provide advice on sources of funding such as Disabled Facilities Grants, self-funding or benevolent funding for the identified works to be carried out and can assist with the completion of forms or other paperwork.
- Affordable Warmth – We provide energy efficiency advice, support and solutions including funding options, fuel debt, switching tariffs and suppliers, Warm Home Discount and Priority Service Registration.
- Benefits Check – We offer and complete a welfare benefit check to maximise your income and refer you for appropriate benefits to ensure that you are in receipt of your full entitlement.
- Welfare benefits calculator link www.turn2us.org.uk
- Health – We refer clients for Occupational Therapy assessments to assess for equipment and adaptations relating to the clients health needs. We also have trained assessors who can assess for small scale adaptations.