Our home visiting service can provide you with free advice, information and support tailored to your individual needs. Our experienced caseworker will come to your home and will listen to your needs.
How can we help?
- Give free, confidential and impartial advice on repairs and adaptations
- Help you choose a reliable builder and obtain written estimates
- Give advice about how to pay for the work
- Help you fill in forms for grants and loans and deal with their administration
- Liaise with the Local Authority grants department, social services department, Local Health Board and other agencies as necessary
- Provide help and support when work is in progress
- Give confidential advice about welfare benefits to ensure you are getting your full entitlement and assist you to complete application forms
- There are no obligations to accept the advice offered; all decisions about the work and finance ultimately rest with you
There is no obligation to accept the advice offered; all decisions about the work and your finances ultimately rest with you.
- Types of work we can help you with include:
- Hand rails/ Grab rails
- Temporary or permanent ramps
- Access to toilet facilities
- Repositioning of Light Switches/sockets
- Provision of stair rails
- Steps and half steps
- Door entry Systems
- Assistive Technology
- Repair to stair tread / timber floors
- Levelling concrete floors
- Improve Lighting interior/exterior
- Heating Repairs to main living areas
- Fitting carpet strips
- Relaying paving stones
- Additional Sockets
- Telephone Extensions
For further information on the services provided by Bridgend County Care & Repair, please feel free to contact us or ask someone to contact us on your behalf.