Care and Repair Western Bay is looking for trustees to join our Board. Trustees set our strategic direction, make sure we’re using our resources efficiently and effectively, ensure we’re having the greatest possible impact on society and that we are achieving our charitable purpose.
We’re looking for dedicated, dynamic, experienced, empathetic and ambitious Trustees to help strategically lead and develop the organisation.
As a trustee you will:
▪ Ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law and company law
▪ Ensure that the organisation pursues its charitable purpose
▪ Think critically, strategically and creatively
▪ Scrutinise the impact we’re having
▪ Communicate clearly and sensitively in group discussions, leading on specific areas of expertise and skill
▪ Use independent judgement to make decisions on behalf of the organisation
▪ Be committed to our mission, vision and value of improving the independence and wellbeing of older people
Diversity is critical for a board to be effective; enabling varied discussions, active debate and decision making, so that together we can have the greatest impact. We encourage applications from people with lived experience and from all ethnic, socio-economic, religious and professional and personal backgrounds. Whether you’re an experienced trustee or taking your first steps into governance, if you have the commitment, values and skills, we want to hear from you.
As a trustee, you will have:
▪ Induction, training and any travel expenses reimbursed
▪ Opportunities to develop new skills
You must be willing to devote the necessary time and effort to your role as a Trustee. The Board of Trustees normally meets four times per year, and in addition, trustees may be required to sit on any Committees or attend any special meetings or training events.
To apply for this role please download and complete a Trustee application form and submit by 30th September 2020.