Hours: 35 hours p/w
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Closing Date for Applications is 4.00pm on Friday 5th November 2021
Only successful applicants will be contacted. Interviews will be held on
Tuesday 17th & Wednesday 18st November 2021
To provide technical advice to older and disabled homeowners and privately renting tenants, and when appropriate, instigate and monitor repair, improvement and adaptation work to their homes, which will enable them to remain independent.
- To provide relevant technical information and recommendations to clients and to other agency staff as appropriate.
- To include inspection of properties, identifying defects, specifying repairs.
- To provide practical assistance to enable clients to make informed decisions
- before proceeding with work.
- To include preparing sketch drawings, schedules of work and evaluation of estimates.
- Monitor building work to ensure work is of a high standard and complies with the client's instructions, and with current health and safety legislation.
- Ensure that appropriate contractual documentation is provided relative to the work in question.
- Liaison where appropriate with local authority grants officers, community occupational therapists, and other relevant professionals in the preparation of an appropriate scheme of work.
- When required, advising clients on engaging consultant surveyors or architects to carry out above work as appropriate.
- Monitoring of performance of contractors on Blaenau Gwent & Caerphillty Care & Repair's list of preferred contractors and of in house Repair Technicians/handypersons.
- Ensure that accurate records are kept at all times.
- Provide the Operations Manager with progress reports as and when required.
- Keep up to date with developments in the relevant field of work through attendance at network meetings, courses, seminars and conferences.
- Understands and demonstrates the principles of confidentiality.
- To work within the policies and procedures of the Agency including recognising the duty to protect vulnerable adults.
- Understands and demonstrates commitment to the Agency's Equal opportunities policies.
- Demonstrate commitment to on-going personal development
- The duties & responsibilities are difficult to define in detail and may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibilities entailed. The post-holder is therefore expected to undertake such other duties as may be requested provided the general character of the duties or level of responsibility does not change.
Hours: 35 hours p/w