Minor Adaptation Installer
Job Title: Minor Adaptation Installer
Responsible to: Minor Adaptation Lead & OT Liaison
Responsible For: Minor Adaptation Assistant/Volunteers
Salary: £21,500.00 per annum (Full time, fixed term, 31/03/2022)
Closing Date for Applications is 4.00pm on Friday 19th Nov/2021
Only successful applicants will be contacted. Interviews will be held on
Tuesday 29th & Wednesday 30st Nov/2021
To provide a high quality minor adaptation installation service to the Agency's clients.
- Must be able to work in a team, or work alone as required.
- To be able to provide instructions and line manage/ supervise Minor Adaption Assistant
- To carry out minor installation works as required through the adaptation programs .e.g. the installation of timber stair rails, external safety handrails, grab rails, shower seats, key safes etc.
- The ability to construct modular ramping systems as supplier's recommendations. (Drawings and Schedules).
- To perform minor building works such as Alterations to existing internal doors, the construction of external steps, concrete/slab path replacement, in a competent manner, ensuring the complete satisfaction of the service user.
- To be responsible for ordering and obtaining the necessary materials to carry out the required work within agreed ordering policies
- To maintain stock control and job records as required by the Agency
- To keep appropriate records of work carried out and materials used for each job.
- To ensure that all work is carried out in a safe manner and that the Health & Safety requirements, as detailed in the Health & Safety Policy, are adhered to.
- To work in close co-operation with other members of the Care & Repair team and colleagues from the local authority in accordance with the aims and ambitions of the Agency.
- To develop a general understanding of the housing problems experienced by older and disabled people and the options available to remedy the problems.
- To drive continuous improvement of BG &C Care & Repair work ensuring that individual potential is identified and met within an outcome focused framework.
- To seek to develop and expand BG &C Care & Repair work in line with service users need
- To undertake other duties as reasonably required and to deputise for the Minor Adaptation Lead & OT Liaison if and when appropriate
- Understands and demonstrates the principles of confidentiality.
- To work within the policies and procedures of the Agency including recognising the duty to protect vulnerable adults.
- Understands and demonstrates commitment to the Agency's Equal opportunities policies.
- Demonstrate commitment to on-going personal development
- To work at all times in a positive, cooperative and supportive manner.