If you are aged 60 and over, our home visiting service can provide you with free advice, information and support tailored to your individual needs. Our experienced caseworker will come to your home and will listen to your needs.
Our expert Casework team can visit you in your home to listen and discuss any issues that concern you and identify individual solutions for you.
We can offer you:
- Support – Caseworkers can provide personal support and encouragement as clients prepare for and deal with the disruption that may be caused by any adaptions/building work.
- Liaise on the client's behalf –We act as a point of contact between the client, family or carer within various organisations and statuary bodies which provide support.
- Applications – We can visit the client's home to help fill in forms such as Local Authority Grant applications and Attendance Allowance applications.
- Signposting –we signpost and liaise on client's behalf with appropriate organisations for support tailor made to the client's needs, for example, Energy Advice Centre, Department of Works and Pension, Royal British Legion, Age Cymru.
- Advice and Information – we can also provide help and information over the telephone, services such as benefit checks and Disabled Facilities Grants financial checks can be completed over the telephone by one of our trained members of staff.
- Grants/Funding options – We will discuss what repairs and adaptations you need, the possible solutions and provide advice on sources of funding such as Disabled Facilities Grants, self-funding or benevolent funding for the identified works to be carried out and can assist with the completion of forms or other paperwork.
- Affordable Warmth – We provide energy efficiency advice, support and solutions including funding options, fuel debt, switching tariffs and suppliers, Warm Home Discount and Priority Service Registration.
- Benefits Check – We offer and complete a welfare benefit check to maximise your income and refer you for appropriate benefits to ensure that you are in receipt of your full entitlement.
Welfare benefits calculator link
- Health – We refer clients for Occupational Therapy assessments to assess for equipment and adaptations relating to the clients health needs. We also have trained assessors who can assess for small scale adaptations.