Gift Aid explained
If you're a UK tax payer you can Gift Aid your donations, making them worth 25% more to us, at no extra cost to you.
We can claim back the tax you have paid on your donation (25p for every £1 you donate) through Gift Aid.
This additional income really does make a big difference, so please don't forget to Gift Aid donations if you are a UK tax payer.
If you are a higher-rate tax payer you can also claim additional tax relief. For higher rate tax payers (paying tax at 40%) this works out as 25p for every £1 you donate and for the highest rate tax payers (paying tax at 50%) this works out as 37.5p for every £1 you donate.
What we need to claim Gift Aid
- Your full name and home address
- A donation made from a personal bank or building society account
- We can't claim Gift Aid on donations from company accounts. The donation must be your own money and not the proceeds of a collection.
- For you to be paying income tax or capital gains tax which at least equals the amount Care & Repair Cymru will claim in the appropriate tax year (6 April one year to 5 April the next). This is currently 25p for every £1 you give.
- Using the declaration form, we can claim Gift Aid on all your donations in the last 4 years and all future donations.
- Once you have become a Gift Aid donor, please let us know if you stop paying tax or if you change your name/address so that we can update our records.
If you have any questions about Gift Aid, please get in touch on 02920 107580.