The funding for RRAP is provided by Welsh Government for people who are in hospital awaiting discharge, have recently been discharged from hospital or at risk of being admitted to hospital or into a Care Home.
To obtain grant assistance referrals must come from a Health or Social Service Professional e.g. an Occupational Therapist.
Eligible types of works include (but are not limited to):
- Rails – external entrance or exit galvanised hand rails (either “D” grab rails or “floor to wall” hand rails); grab rails (internal or external); mopstick rails; newel rails; floor to ceiling rails
- Ramping – temporary fixed length broad ramps; threshold ramps
- Steps – new; repairs; widening or lengthening; painting edges
- Pathways – levelling; widening; clearing; washing
- Door Entry – keysafes
- Moving Furniture – beds; furniture; clearing clutter
- Heating – gas fire disconnections, replacement heaters
- General Works – CO detectors; smoke detectors, tacking or taping down frayed carpets; re-hanging or adjusting or removing internal doors; re-securing loose floor boards; door security chains; adjusting or repairing locks
For further information on the services provided by Cardiff Care & Repair, please feel free to contact us or ask someone to contact us on your behalf by calling
Telephone: 02920 473337
or by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org