Bridgend County Care and Repair was established in 1988 to promote independent living for older and disabled people living in Bridgend. We cover the whole County Borough which has a total population of 139,178 and we operate from our office which is based on Cowbridge Road in Bridgend. Over the years our service has expanded and developed in order to meet the increasing needs of older and disabled people locally.
We provide high quality expertise, advice and practical support to older people who need to undertake repairs, renovations or adaptations to their home. We do this to help people remain living at home independently, comfortably, safely and securely. We are able to work with anyone over the age of 50 who are homeowners or private sector tenants.
We have a small team of staff who are committed to making sure that our clients are supported in the most appropriate way. We offer a holistic client centred home visiting service which allows our staff to spend time with clients to assess their needs.
We can help by:-
- Undertaking a Healthy Homes Check
- Advise on options to repair, maintain or adapt your home
- Help to find sources of funding for any work that needs doing
- Advise and help to apply for the benefits you are entitled to
- Help you find a reliable, local contractor or builder
- Refer you on to other local services if needed